Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Wiebe Cazemier[_2_] Wiebe Cazemier[_2_] is offline

Default Burning out an intermittant heater-cathode short in a CRT

On Sunday 04 May 2008 02:12, John-Del wrote:
If the filament is AC supplied from the flyback, it's at the scan
rate, not 60hz. A true RMS meter is needed to accurately measure the
voltage. I use a Fluke 87 for measuring high frequency AC. Non RMS
DMMs usually read scan derived filament voltage below 5 volts. If the
filaments are DC and regulated, they will read exactly correct with
any DMM.

It's not really relevant anymore, because I think my problem is not H-K after
all, but K-G1 (see my other post, about my "revelation" ), but I have a
scope, so I could test it. But a DC test on the supply yields 4.9V, and an AC
test 0, so I think it's safe to say it's 5V DC.