Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Pressure Treated or Moldy?

ransley wrote in news:b7719f34-feed-48e4-ae6e-
:

On May 3, 8:57*am, Tony Miklos wrote:
I got some pressure treated recently at Lowes and some of it has a green
powder substance on it. *It sure looks like mold to me. *It doesn't lo

ok
like it's from the pressure treating, and it just so happens my
allergies spiked when working with it. *Anyone see similar and know what

it is?

BTW, I let all the PT wood dry out and any that warps I return to Lowes
no problem.

Tony

put laundry bleach on it, if its mold you will see it change quickly.

If it dosn't change color, maybe it's an OD of the toxic crud they use to
treat it these days :-)