Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

Default 2 low voltage transformers on 1 circuit?

metspitzer wrote:

On Sat, 03 May 2008 10:11:31 -0700, David Nebenzahl
wrote:

On 5/3/2008 9:27 AM peter spake thus:

Assuming your lights run on AC, you could insert a transformer before the
last few lights to raise the voltage a little. Let's say the voltage dropped
to 9V near the end, if you could find a transformer to raise 9V to 12V, then
it should help. But that is not a common part.

"Not a common part"? I don't even know of anyone who makes such a thing
(you're basically talking about a 1:1.3 step-up transformer, which so
far as I know don't even exist, except perhaps in "Maybe-Land").

Anyhow, there are other solutions, as others have posted here.

http://www.phaseconverter.com/spbtransformer.html

That would require a primary feed on the "wrong" side of the driveway.

I thought the poster who proposed use of a transformer meant a step-up
arrangement which, as another poster has already pointed out, would
further load already overloaded wiring.