Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default What is it? Set 230

On 3 May 2008 04:16:42 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"
wrote:

snip
What is a mht file? I'm not familiar with those.

Right-click on a page and choose "Save as" from the menu.
Now you should have another dialog box with an item called
"Save as type". Drop this box down to the item "Web archive
(single file)". That should default to an ".mht" file
extension.

It is commonly thought of as a Microsoft thing, the whole
page (html, css, images, js...) will be encoded into one
file much like a raw email. Try doing this once on a web
page and then looking at the file created (it will be a text
file). Opera should be able to open this file and display it
just like the original web page. Note I said should, there
are some quirks to that method/display in Opera too.

These files (mht) can also be decoded/extracted by WinZip
and some other archive programs. If you look them over they
are pretty much self explanatory. I think Opera uses Base64
for the binary items.

snip
problem when using the "Fit to Width" option.

O.K. I think that option is on. I'll try turning it off next
time around.

Just be aware that "Fit to Width" can cause some strange
problems on some pages. Try viewing the page with it off if
you are having troubles.

You really should be using 100% for everyday viewing and
only depend upon the zoom feature for special situations...

I normally hit the puzzles as the last of a short set of blogs
after going through the morning's web comics, which I tend to find more
readable at 150% zoom, so that is the default.

I can understand that, Opera's zoom has been a great feature
ever since I started using it in the late 1990's. But it can
cause some weird rendering problems. I do most of my
browsing at 100% and only use zoom here & there.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b