Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] pdrrose@googlemail.com is offline

Default Can't open bonnet of my car! Any advice?

On 3 May, 10:34, Mikeyboy wrote:
Hi guys, my wife's old Fiat Punto needed a top-up of windscreen washer
fluid. Pulled the handle that releases the bonnet/hood and nothing
happened. Tried several times, with no success.
There must be an answer without taking it to a garage, surely?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I had the same thing happen on an old Nissan I had.

Try pushing down on the bonnet whilst someone else pulls the handle
franticaly, then pull the bonnet to see if it's just the spring in the
lock that needs lubing.

The next option is to start removing parts of the grill and trying to
operate the mechanism with a long screwdriver.