Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Miklos Tony Miklos is offline

Default Stanley tool whatzit

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"SteveB" toquerville,utah@zionvistas wrote in message
I found a Stanley tool someone had given me. It is about three inches
long, and 3/4" in diameter, with a round knurled surface. On one end,
there is a 1/8" or so rod projecting. On the other, there is a round hole.
When you press the 1/8" rod on one end, a 3/32 to 1/16" rod comes out the
other end the length of the opposite end. It looks like a ballpoint pen
but without the writing end sticking out. The rod is solid through the
body. It looks like if you were to put it over a finishing nail, you would
hit the top end, and it would countersink the other end, and insure that
one could not miss. Is that what it is?

Steve

Blunt or sharp?

If it is a blunt end, it is for setting nails. If it is a pointed end, it is
for making a self centered starting hole for hinge screws.

I forgot about the one for hinge screws, I also FOUND mine.

Tony