Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.home.repair,alt.engineering.electrical,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,sci.electronics.basics
Tantalust Tantalust is offline

Default Surge / Ground / Lightning

wrote in message
In alt.tv.tech.hdtv Tantalust wrote:
| wrote in message
| In alt.tv.tech.hdtv Tantalust wrote:
| |
| | wrote
| |
| |Maybe he taken a hiatus after the right propper whopping he got here
| |last week. I thought it was hillarious after he derided the makers
| |of plug-in surge protectors and then gave us his list of "real
| |companies", like Intermatic, GE, Leviton, etc., that were experts at
| |it. Only problem was, all of the companies on his list sell
plug-in
| |ones too.
| |
| | Huh, so according to all of w_'s sermons, Bud must be working
overtime
| as a
| | salesman for all of those companies too? Busy guy!
|
| Both do not appear to be wrong to me. They appear more to be arguing
| about
| entirely different issues. But I can't be entirely sure because their
| rants
| are hard to read and I skip a lot of it, including any post where the
| first
| screenful is all quoted text. And my googlegroups filter is killing
off
| the
| posts from w_tom that don't have any threading where I have posted.
|
| Is googlegroups filtering possible using Outlook Express?

Not that I know of. But my reader is configured to filter out
Googlegroups
due to Google's lack of action to deal with the massive spam floods they
let
reach Usenet. Not only is there many times as much spam from Googlegroups
as legitimate posts in the groups I read, but in many, the level of normal
posts has fallen, suggesting that this issue is causing some to abandon
Usenet
because of this.

Thanks for the info.