Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Wiebe Cazemier[_2_] Wiebe Cazemier[_2_] is offline

Default Burning out an intermittant heater-cathode short in a CRT

On Saturday 03 May 2008 13:00, jango2 wrote:

Have you tried running a degaussing coil over the shorted area (set
powered down). I recall someone telling me ages ago that he had
dislodged a wedged particle causing a short by doing so. Degauss and
tap at the same time maybe.
Jango.

No, I haven't. But I also don't have one... And, I can remember reading
something about that being dangerous for trinitron tubes; or perhaps that was
only about using it near the aperature grill mask (since that's extra
fragile).