Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mathew Newton Mathew Newton is offline

Default combi boilers

On Apr 16, 2:55 pm, Mogga wrote:
On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 12:27:53 GMT, Fred
wrote:

Whenever someone asks about gas, they seem to be politely reminded
that if they don't know, they shouldn't touch. I quite agree but how
can people learn if they don't ask questions? I have never worked on

proper training. which doesn't mean dismantle it yourself, poke about
with a screwdriver, miss tightening a valve up and blwoing half the
street up.

Heh... That reminds me of the engineer that came out from Worcester
Bosch to fix our boiler... CORGI registered of course, and presumably
trained in the process, but that didn't stop him forgetting to close
one of the the pressure test valves before he was about to leave. It
was only when I said I could smell gas did he realise what he'd done -
then he looked at me like I'd opened it when he was out of the room
putting his tools away...!

Mathew