Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.home.repair,alt.engineering.electrical,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,sci.electronics.basics
[email protected] phil-news-nospam@ipal.net is offline

Default Surge / Ground / Lightning

In alt.engineering.electrical wrote:
| w_tom wrote:
|
|... trader again misrepresents what w_tom posted, in
|part, because trader just does not have sufficient electrical
|knowledge and trader never bothered to read those so many professional
|citations. trader again did not read with technical precision and
|sufficient expertise.
|
| w_tom reminds me of Yoda :-)
|
|... no earth ground means no effective protection.
|
| Bull****. A high series impedance can also provide effective protection.

The big problem with the whole bud vs. w_ debate is they aren't debating the
same thing. Each is talking about a subset of the whole field, and mostly
are not overlapping in what they talk about.

One can be fairly safe by having all the communications come in over fiber,
and get power by a motor driving a heavy duty fiberglass axle driving a
generator. Even then, there is still the risk of a direct lightning strike.

--
|WARNING: Due to extreme spam, I no longer see any articles originating from |
| Google Groups. If you want your postings to be seen by more readers |