Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - As the noose tightens on the progun crowd...

I missed the Staff meeting, but the Memos showed that Gunner
wrote on Wed, 30 Apr 2008 05:23:02
-0700 in rec.crafts.metalworking :
On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 10:49:12 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 22:16:18 -0700, "Hawke"
wrote:

Instead of young, competent, fearless men, who know how to
use a gun and are willing to use one what you get are a bunch of old men and
women who can't even clear a jam by themselves.

Good grief, Hawke!

At the range I go to, I see definite correllation between gray hair
and good shooting. Jam-clearing doesn't seem to be an issue.

High-volume rapid fire comes less rather often from grayhairs than
from young bucks. Pensioners and cost of ammo, you know. The
difference is that when grayhairs do shoot that way, a gaping
shredded hole is often created where COM used to be on the target.

Indeed.

Battle Rattle is of little use in real life on a single target.
Afterall...how many times do you really need to kill an opponent?

If lots of rounds downrange gives ya a woodie, put out multiple
targets and address them all.

I am reminded of the young bull and the old bull. they are
walking together and they come over a hill, and spy a bunch of cows
down below. The young bull says "lets run down and screw us a
couple." The old bull says "Lets walk down, and screw 'em all."

Patience is a virtue.
--
pyotr filipivich
"I had just been through hell and must have looked like death warmed