Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_2_] Hawke[_2_] is offline

Default OK which is it Global Warming or Cooling?

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"Steve W." wrote in message
"NASA has confirmed that a developing natural climate pattern will

likely
result in much colder temperatures, according to Marc Shepherd, writing

in
the April 30 American Thinker. He adds that NASA was also quick to point
out that such natural phenomena should not confuse the issue of manmade
greenhouse gas induced global warming which apparently will be going on
behind the scenes while our teeth are chattering from a decade and a

half
long cold spell."

So the temperature will be warmer but the entire planet will be colder?

http://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/NAS.../01/92541.html

--
Steve W.

What's interesting here is that Newsmax's Phil Brennan doesn't question
American Thinker's Marc Shepherd, but both of them go on to demonstrate a
selective skepticism about what NASA has said. When NASA says that La Niņa
is causing a cyclical cooling trend within the pattern of the Pacific
Decadal Oscillation, they're both ready to swallow it without question.

But
when NASA says the natural oscillation will mask an underlying global
warming trend, their noses go up in the air, as if either of them would

have
a clue about how to evaluate either claim.

I think both Brennan and Shepherd are full of crap, and that neither one

has
any idea regarding what they're talking about. They have an agenda of

their
own (they're both with righty wacko "news" organizations) and it has

nothing
to do with science. They can be safely ignored as bull**** bloviators.

--
Ed Huntress

Let me add that just last night I watched a program on Discovery Chanel
called Expedition Alaska, it was real good by the way. A bunch of scientists
went to remote parts of Alaska looking for sighs of global warming. They saw
lots of them. They took pictures of glaciers and compared them to pictures
that were taken 100 years ago in the exact same place. The loss of ice was
amazing. All over they found one sign after another that the climate was
changing and changing very quickly. You would have to be blind not to see
it. Sea ice which should have been abundant when they were there was almost
nonexistent. Natives told them that the climate was turning hot in the
summer like they have never seen before. Yeah, the signs are there for
anyone with a bit of objectivity to see. Of course, for the right wing
reality deniers everything is just the same as always and there is nothing
to worry about. They're about as believable as Larry (wide stance) Craig
when he says he did nothing wrong in the public restroom.

Hawke