Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Geo Geo is offline

Default Please help my Pye P35!

On Fri, 2 May 2008 15:18:55 +0100, "eu.thundernews.com" wrote:

Thanks for your reply, the radio is a valve job made in 1950. The circuitry
appears to the eye to have aged well but of course with something this age
there could be all sorts of things that need sorting. But I guess the audio
output device is valve based.

I see that it has a gram (PU) input. Try this to eliminate the radio section.
If the volume is still low then you only have the last two stages to consider
(and of course the power supply - but I suspect that will be ok unless the main
smoothing caps are leaking very badly and pulling the HT rail low).
Assuming you have not caused the fault yourself (all bets then off) and that the
audio is low but NOT distorted, my first test (after checking voltages on the
valve bases) would be putting another cap across the output stage cathode
resistor.

Geo