Posted to rec.woodworking
dabears525 dabears525 is offline

Default Delta 12 1/2" Planer Question

The boards have been about 4' long and I was supporting them on the infeed
but maybe not as well on the outfeed. This was 5/4 red oak about 11" wide.
I didn't realize wood this heavy would bow. I'll try this next time.
Thanks Leon

"Leon" wrote in message
t...

"dabears525" wrote in message
. ..
I'm having a problem with the cutters creating a low spot or dish in the
center of the boards.
I have rechecked the tables to be sure they are flat and level. Recently
I installed new knives,
they didn't help. Any ideas what is causing this?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Are you having this problem with long boards? If you are having this
problem with long boards be sure to support the in feed and out feed ends
of the board. The board will bow if not supported and will bow up in the
middle, bowing up in the middle caused the blades co cut deeper. See
where I am going with this?