Posted to rec.woodworking
Dick Snyder Dick Snyder is offline

Default The quest for a perfect miter joint

"Swingman" wrote in message

"Dick Snyder" wrote

sled like yours that has stop blocks but since my SCMS is doing a perfect
cut now, I just want to find a way to smooth the cut ends of the wood
while not losing the perfect 45 degree cut. Thanks for the reference to
your sled. I like the way you did it and will probably copy what you did.

Perhaps a better blade on your SCMS so further sanding is not necessary? I
have a Forrest Chopmaster on my Makita and resultant miter cuts are glass
smooth and glue ready, no sanding necessary.

With miter cuts, if I don't get the quality I need on the initial cut,
sanding seems to add more problems than it's worth. I hope your luck is
better than mine in that regard.

While I am at it, if I do copy your sled are there any improvements you
would make if you did it over again?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/8/08