Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_2_] Steve W.[_2_] is offline

Default FOLLOWUP -- Snap-On Paint

Ignoramus23760 wrote:

Pete, and Wes, would an autobody shop paint job look considerably much
better than a spray can job? Or is the difference minor?

It will look a LOT better. Consider that my paint guns cover an 8" path
with an even coat of pain in one swipe. The best spray cans hit about 2"
wide with the paint thicker in the center.
Also because they can use quality paint and materials you end up with a
better paint coating than you can get from ANY can. Spray cans use VERY
thin paint and the pressure drops as you use the can. It also uses finer
ground pigment which means you use more paint to get a good coat.
Take a look at most items that were painted with cans a few years later.
They almost always have tiger stripes where the pigment collected and
the carrier has worn away.

Personally I would blast the entire thing and powder coat it.

--
Steve W.