Frank X

Default New Electrical Regs - Again

"derek" wrote in message
On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 18:42:06 +0100, Tony Bryer
wrote:

In article , Derek
wrote:
Dave's tax status is exactly the same as mine so to get that £100
He has to do £500 of decorating work. £480 of which goes to the
government.

If this is so, he doesn't need an electrical certificate - he needs
a decent accountant. We'd all like to pay less, equally there are
lots of legal ways to cut your tax bills.

Well spill da beenz den. How! I've already got a covenant in favour of
the local church, don't need any more of them.

Home office, dividends to wife, parents/children.

The obvious option in this selected instance, bartering, is not an
option any more because of the issue of the electrical certificate.

Why can't you still barter?

Providing we're both paying higher rate tax (And accepting therefore
we've already had some income at lower rate) I can't see where my
calculations are wrong.

Even with full VAT + higher rate + NI. I make the tax mans cut of every
additional £1 earnt only 55.5%.

The current government is based from top to bottom on lies and deception
(mainly to avoid the impractical laws they introduce) why don't you just
copy their example and do what you have always done.