Posted to alt.home.repair

Default DirecTV DVR, Can I use a Splitter?

On May 2, 10:02�am, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On Thu, 01 May 2008 22:09:27 GMT, Art Todesco

On May 1, 12:50?pm, "Scott Townsend"
wrote:
So I Have a Line run out to a Bedroom for a Standard DirecTV Receiver.
The DVRs use 2 Tuners to be able to record off 2 channels at the same time,
so they have 2 Inputs.

Do I need to run a 2nd line from the main Splitter, or can I just Split the
line that I've already run to the Room?

Thanks,
? Scott-

sorry add new line from multiswitch, its impossible to use a splitter.

the switch really isnt a splitter

Don't know too much about Direct,
however .....

I have a Dish DVR. �The nice thing is
that the 2nd tuner is RF controllable.
So, tuner 1 outputs video to the main
TV. �I connected the RF out of tuner 1
(ch 3) and tuner 2 (ch 60 uhf) to a line
through a 2 set splitter, backwards as
a combiner �that goes to an amplified
splitter and then distributed to all
rooms.

I have a similar setup, allowing multiple sources (satellite, cable,
DVD, security camera, etc...) to be distributed to multiple rooms.
Remote controls are converted to RF.

I bought a boat load of the cheap Dish
RF remotes for all the
other locations. �So, you can view and
control tuner 2 on channel 60 or you
can scab onto �tuner 1 by dialing
channel 3 on the other TV. �With 2 people
in the house, it works well.

However, splitters DO NOT work on the dish-to-receiver cables. You
have to have a separate cable from each input (2 for a 2-tuner DVR)
connected to the satellite multiswitch.
--
Mark Lloydhttp://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"So far as I can remember, there is not one word
in the Gospels in praise of intelligence."
--Bertrand Russell- Hide quoted text -

yeah on dish to receiver seperate cables are REQUIRED for direct tv,
dish network does have a new splitter technology but its not
compatible/

the 2 seperate output dish recivers with no mirror fee for the second
output is very nice