Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default HELP- Computer monitor images jumps

"Yukio YANO" wrote in message
Fred wrote:
4-years old eMachines system. CRT monitor image on one part of the
screen "jumps" a 1/2 inch or so every minute or 2. (Movement appears
in different places and seems to be sideways.) Any suggestions?

LCD Monitors !

Electro-magnetic interference to the CRT !

Try moving the CRT Monitor and point it in a different direction as a
diagnostic.

LCD monitors do not use electro-static or electro-
magnetic deflection or scanning, so are not bothered by strong external
Magnetic fields

Yukio YANO

I hate LCD monitors, they look like crap to me, and yes I have a very nice
one on my desk at work, it's fine for what I do there, but I'm keeping my
flat CRT at home, much nicer.