Posted to sci.electronics.repair
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

Default DLP

In article xNmdnXepJrsMIovVnZ2dnUVZ_jqdnZ2d@uniservecommunic ations, "JANA" wrote:
Common causes are the lamp failing, and or the lamp power supply
failing. Servicing the power supply is not easy. It will need a proper
test load, or the lamp to load it for taking measurements.

There are safely issues involved when working on these. The factory
service tech will start by changing the supply if a new lamp does not
work properly.

I took the thing apart. One of the worst assemblies I have ever seen.
Seems I can't find much info on Osram stuff. It looks like the whole
power supply is by Osram. There is a block on the board which runs the lamp,
designed specifically for that lamp. There is some detail in the wiring on the block
but its not entirely obvious. The block runs on AC but I was going to plug it
into AC, but the frequency is likely to be higher than 60 HZ.
http://www.viewsonic.com/pdf/us_eng/products/pj1075.pdf

greg