Posted to sci.electronics.repair
eu.thundernews.com eu.thundernews.com is offline

Default Please help my Pye P35!

`
"James Sweet" wrote in message

"eu.thundernews.com" wrote in message
Hi, I am planning to restore the above as and when I can get hold of the
components.
The radio receives lw/mw and 6 sw bands.

It was working ok and then the volume suddenly dropped to about half

that
it
should be, the potts have been cleaned and are not noisy.

The radio picks up all the channels it did previously but it is quiet

and
turning the volume pott up or down does pretty much nothing.

Could anyone point me in the general direction of which component/s to
look
for as the culprit/s?

Any help would be massively appreciated.

I will post the schematic on alt.binaries.schematics.electronic entitled
'Pye P35 Schematic'

Thanks for any help guys.

I'd start by checking the volume control itself and solder joints in the
audio section. What sort of audio output device does it use? Amplifier IC,
or one made of discrete transistors?

Thanks for your reply, the radio is a valve job made in 1950. The circuitry
appears to the eye to have aged well but of course with something this age
there could be all sorts of things that need sorting. But I guess the audio
output device is valve based.