Dale

Default Thickness planer purchase dilemma- Ryobi or Dewalt?

Apologies in advance for yet another question on which tool to buy but
here goes anyway. Home Depot has the Ryobi AP1300 planer for $249 plus
tax and Amazon has the Dewalt 733 for $299 with another discount of
$25 so $274 out the door, no tax, no shipping fees, plus an extra set
of knives and the dust hood. Basically the Dewalt is $8 more plus I
would get an extra set of knives. On the surface I would buy the
Dewalt but Home Depot has an offer that ends tomorrow if you purchase
$299 or more on your HD card you make no payments for a year. So...I
throw in a new jigsaw with the Ryobi planer and I've got two new tools
to use for free for a year. Should I just buck up and spend the $ now
and go for the Dewalt or is the Ryobi a comparable, or superior?
machine that I can pick up tomorrow and pay for next July. I've been
very happy with my purchase of a Dewalt table saw, the 744 that I
bought a couple of years ago. Your opinions are encouraged.

Dale