Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Router features

LouB wrote:
Christopher Nelson wrote:
I'm considering buying my first router and not having used one much in
the past, I'm unsure what the important features are. I'm sure more
HP means better cutting power. I've seen some that say "fixed speed"
so I assume some are variable or multiple speed. Is a fixed table OK
or is plunge important? Any brands I should run screaming from? (I
saw some poor reviews of Craftsman here.)

Chris

Knowing nothing about routers I suggest you try to buy from a place that
allows returns in a reasonable time. Or perhaps rent one like you are
thinking of buying.
I am sure others will ask you what your intended uses and usage will be.

That first.

I'd recommend a google search on rec.woodworking -- it's a common
subject won't take a minute to find as many threads as you'll care to read.