Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Hank[_2_] Hank[_2_] is offline

Default testing a vacuum pump

Bill Rubenstein wrote in
:

Your question... mainly because the big tax cuts weren't for you, they
were for the friends of the White House, the congressmen, the
senators,....

I'll apologize in advance for the above.

Bill

william kossack wrote:
I've thought about it but other expenses at this time prevent me from
spending much that is not necessary. I had to write a big check to
the government on the 15th (can't figure out how I can earn less but
pay more in taxes)

the seller did not want to move on his price. I'll have to watch my
spending for a while.

Tom Storey wrote:
Hey William! I cannot see how you could go too wrong with buying one
of William Noble's pumps if you are serious about a vac system. They
are tested, he knows what size you need and he will ship it to you.
And, if it is a dud, you can always bad mouth him here

Tom

"william kossack" wrote in message
well the seller did not want to come down any from the $200. I got
the long email reply to my offer about how he researched vacuum
pumps and how well it works etc etc

Thinking about it I have other things I need to buy this spring
that are more important than additional turning gadgets. Finances
are such that even if I got it I would have to wait some months to
put together the vacuum chucking rig. I've turned for 5+ years and
lived without a vacuum pump. I'll just have to wait some more.

william kossack wrote:
I'm thinking of buy a used vacuum pump.

Gast 0523 but wired for 220. A big problem is that the seller
does not have 220 to show me that it works. The location is close
enough to drive to but far enough away that I don't want to drive
back.

How can I test that the pump works?

Oh ****, I'm very sorry. I had a bit tonight and thought I was on the
woodworker's group. I meant no offense to anyone, but something touched me
off. Again, sorry.
Henry St.Pierre