Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T What are the real truths? What is happening right under our nose?

Hank wrote:

"Dave in Houston" wrote in
:

"Hank" wrote in message
.. .

. . . (Kennedys and Gore, although Al has been
cannonized recently) seem to be able to command the energy policy of
this country.

WOW! I never knew THEY were in those secret, closed-door energy
policy
meetings headed by President Cheney! It's no wonder that
regular-unleaded has gone from .79/gal to 3.50/gal and diesel to
4.10/gal and oil company profits reach record highs every quarter
(not to mention Halliburton). Who knew?

Dave in Houston

Ummm, have you checked Exxon's latest quarterly profit? [hint: it wasn't
up] From Forbe's.com: "The latest results fell short of the record $11.7
billion in earnings Exxon Mobil reported in the fourth quarter of 2007."
Earnings for the first quarter were $10.9 billion.

Oviously not you. $.79 a gallon, 1979?, Must have been Cheney. It's really
sad that we pay less than half per gallon than most of the world (although
recently I think we are paying more than half). I don't think Hallburton
is into oil. They may transport it though.

Hank

Lets kill the rich, then we can work for the poor.