Posted to alt.home.repair
LouB LouB is offline

Default Ice maker stopped

gpsman wrote:
On May 1, 12:14 pm, LouB wrote:
GE refrig with ice maker turned on by putting lever down
Put it down and it made ice for a few hours then just stopped.
Regrig has not been moved or touched in any way. Icemaker just appears
to have died. Any experience with this kind of thing.
Box is 5- 10 years old. Came with house that I bought last year.

OK, but how long have you been using the ice maker? And how long has
it been stopped?

IME sometimes the cycle timing varies and I wonder if mine is broke
(or breaking).
-----

- gpsman

I generally run it about every two weeks since I only use a few ice
cubes a day. Been using it since I got the house about 16 months ago.
flipped the lever down yesterday (Wednesday) morning. It made about 10
ice cubes and then got quiet. I have flipped lever up and down a couple
of times. If it does not come back to life and the repair is not both
easy and cheap I can just go back to ice cube trays.

Lou