Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fred Fred is offline

Default combi boilers

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 16:29:06 +0000 (UTC), Ed Sirett
wrote:

I quite agree but how can
people learn if they don't ask questions?

By working under the supervision of a suitably qualified person, where
they can ask all the questions they like.

Hello again,

I have now been told that it was the "wiring harness" that had to be
replaced. Apparently the part only cost £30-odd but labour and VAT
took it to £190!

What is a wiring harness and was the total cost about right?

I'm afraid that as much as I would love to work under the supervision
of a qualified person, I don't have the time to do so, I am otherwise
employed at the moment, so how can I find out the basics, just so I
know what these names mean the next time the plumber calls? Don't
worry, I haven't got gas at home and will not be driving two hours to
my tenant's house to explode hers!

Thanks.