Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Switch Operated Parking Brake

I missed the Staff meeting, but the Memos showed that Pete Keillor
wrote on Mon, 28 Apr 2008 17:31:09 -0400
in rec.crafts.metalworking :

It's called an "emergency break" because if you try to use it, you
create an emergency.

That will make things break, yupper.

Years ago I read in Car & Driver of a rally driver who used the lever
type to force his front wheel drive rally car into oversteer to get
the tail out in corners. Supposedly he got around quicker that way. I
doubt the average hard surface driver should try that. I wonder if he
ever forgot to hold the release button in. Nahhh.

I've done that. Yank the parking brake, spin the steering wheel,
swap ends. With practice, you then are able to drop the brake, and
hit the gas, now headed back the way you came.

I also recall seeing a Citroen, front wheel drive, with the back
wheels locked up, and the front wheels pulling the car around the
corner and up to the garage. (It was a very snowy night, and roads
were slick.)

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
"I had just been through hell and must have looked like death warmed