Dave Mundt

Default Reconditioned Tools

Greetings and Salutations....

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 13:11:03 -0400, Thomas Mitchell
wrote:

I've been hesitant to buy reconditioned tools, the ones that have been
reconditioned by the factory. However, I'm considering a Delta
reconditioned scroll saw, the 40-570R from Amazon.

Anyone have good experiences with reconditioned tools?

The saw comes with a 6 mos warranty, but I can't find out how long the
warranty is for 'new' tools.

let me throw in my $0.02 here too, and, say that I
can recommend remanufactured tools from name brands without
reservation. I have picked up a number of them over the
years, and, have had great luck with them. I have a 12v
Dewalt cordless that is probably 10 years old, purchased
as remanufactured from Harbor Freight, that is still going
strong. I have had to put new batteries to it, of course,
but, it is in good shape still. Hum...now that I think
of it, I do recall that I had to adjust the clutch mech.
myself when it came in, as it was out of spec enough that
it would not engage. However, that was REALLY easy to do.
All I had to do was unscrew the chuck, pull the clutch out
enough to disengage it, and rotate it a bit. Took about
five minutes, and, considering that we got about a 60%
or so discount on it, it was worth it.
Regards
Dave Mundt