Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave Platt Dave Platt is offline

Default Damproof cable

Sounds like fighting fire with fire. How to avoid liquid migrating along a
core - flood the interior with liguid.

It's not as if it's filled with sal****er. The "liquid" is a very nasty
thick grease, I think it's silicone based. It has the look and feel of
uncured clear silicone caulk, really gross stuff, I haven't found any
solvent that washes it off, hence the comment about the roll of paper
towels.

Belden seems to "flood" with a grease based on polyethylene or other
polyolefins. Their trade name for the gel flooding construction is
"CoreGuard".

According to one report, Gunk engine-degreasing compound will remove it.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO