Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Floor Spongy under LINO

wrote:

My neighbour's floor beside bathtub which feels soft under lino.

SMALL area affected. He is NOT a computer literate person & asked me
to post this.

I cautioned him not to bath but to shower as I feel floor joists might
be compromized.
For pix of bathroom go to:

http://www.cpv.ca/house.html

then click on photos.

I dont mind helping him fix it but does anyone have similar problem?
What is best way to remedy rotten floor joists? Thanks in advance.

It doesn't seem likely that one small area would be spongy if the joists
were ready to collapse.
Probably has rotted subfloor from water leaking under the lino. Does he
have a basement?

I had similar problem in a rental home I lived in, but around the
toilet. Landlord took up the toilet,
replaced section of subfloor with plywood.