Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default Repairing Cracked Ledger Board

It looks like one of those things people hire inspectors for. First to check
the house for problems and defects, second to find something they can
complain about so that they can try to get a substantial discount off the
asking price. I see no problems with the crack, any attempt to patch it will
make it look more of a problem than it is. However, if you can find a very
large washer with a hole that fits the bolt, you may want to install some.

"Apple Berry Enterprises, LLC" wrote in message
We have an offer on our house and the inspection was done Monday. One
of the items that came back was the deck ledger board under the bay
window has cracked all the way across. Its below the bolts as you can
see, but it is the entire length of the board. Any suggestions on how
I can fix this??????

a href="http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm188/msvaughan/?
action=view&current=ledger1.jpg" target="_blank"img src="http://
i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm188/msvaughan/ledger1.jpg" border="0"
alt="Photobucket"/a

a href="http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm188/msvaughan/?
action=view&current=ledger2.jpg" target="_blank"img src="http://
i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm188/msvaughan/ledger2.jpg" border="0"
alt="Photobucket"/a

Any and all help is appreciated.