Posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.peeves,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,alt.bitterness
AllEmailDeletedImmediately AllEmailDeletedImmediately is offline

Default What the gubamint didn't tell you about digital converters

"J" Windswept@Home wrote in message
On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 09:22:05 -0500, Alric Knebel
wrote:

I know this thread is about converters, but I have to say, I can't
believe anybody is still using VCRs

A lot of us electronically-clueless elderly people on fixed incomes
are still using VCRs.

But I fear the same may be the case with DVD recorders that have NTSC.

The people in this thread have said that if the digital converters
work with analog TVs, then they should work with analog VCRs and DVDs.

Makes perfect sense. Maybe I screwed up yesterday and will try again
today, because the TV reception is GREAT! I was somehow able to get
that to work.

dh is a broadcast engineer. he says the ntsc vcr should work; something
about rf and video input and output (that's all i can remember).

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice
cannot sleep forever."--Thomas Jefferson

"Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide
everything." -- Josef V. Stalin

www.myspace.com/bodybuildinggranny

heavy on the country music. if you don't like country, scroll down for
some surprises.
but at least start the songs: some are funny and some aren't at all.