Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sam Goldwasser Sam Goldwasser is offline

Default Datasheets for Philips or JVC CD pickups

I'm looking for a datasheet with as much detail as possible on the
optical pickup in the JVC XL-FZ158BK. It's either from Philips or
Sony. The actual pickup is a "hologram laser" with 10 pins in a
flat package with the hologram part in the cover. What I'm after
is really the details of the optical arrangement to identify the
photodiode locations.

I has a normal edge-emitting laser diode with its beam reflected by a
really tiny prism. But I can't visually identify either the monitor
photodiode, or the phodiiodes in the PD array.

Here is a poor photo:

http://repairfaq.cis.upenn.edu/Misc/...oto-diodes.jpg

13,14,15,16 are pads for the laser diode.

B is the angled mirror face.

A is the flat top of the prism. It is not known what, if anything,
is below this.

Any information appreciated.

Thanks!