Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Stewart Jim Stewart is offline

Default My dumb question of the month

SteveB wrote:
I need an hour meter

Google Hobbs Meter. Not expensive new and
prolly lots of cheap ones on ebay.

and a low RPM tach for my SA 200 welder. The operating
range for the tach would be 2500 rpm max. I have gotten two rpms so far,
1550 and 2300. The hour meter just has to be reliable, and probably won't
see five hundred hours a month.

I am assuming these would be simple wiring with some crimp terminals.

Are these Napa parts? Are Auto Zone, Checker acceptable substitutes.
Personally, I don't like buying a lot from AZ or Checker except fluids. Is
there a supplier that has these for reasonable prices, perhaps a digital
that would have all in one? Any decent brands without spending a Franklin?

Steve