Posted to uk.d-i-y
gna03633 gna03633 is offline

Default My first router - advice pls

I'd appreciate some comments regarding a router I'm think of buying.

Looked at the FAQ got some great advice, so am going for a medium plunge.
Hope to immediately to cut squares (or trim) into 18mm MDF and some basic
decorative edging. Longer term basic lap/butt joints/hinges. I have no
thought to be cutting our letter boxes or joining worktops.

I've narrowed down my list based on money and suggestions:
Axminster AW635R £50
Ryobi ERT 1/4" £70
Trend T4EK 1/4" £85

any opinions on the above, are they capable of what I want to do?

Probably outside my budget is Makita 3620X 1/4" and way out is Trend T5EB
1/4"; unless I get a very good reason otherwise ;-)