Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_2_] Hawke[_2_] is offline

Default OT - As the noose tightens on the progun crowd...

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 22:16:18 -0700, "Hawke"
wrote:

Instead of young, competent, fearless men, who know how to
use a gun and are willing to use one what you get are a bunch of old men

and
women who can't even clear a jam by themselves.

Good grief, Hawke!

At the range I go to, I see definite correllation between gray hair
and good shooting. Jam-clearing doesn't seem to be an issue.

High-volume rapid fire comes less rather often from grayhairs than
from young bucks. Pensioners and cost of ammo, you know. The
difference is that when grayhairs do shoot that way, a gaping
shredded hole is often created where COM used to be on the target.

I guess there are gray hairs and then there are gray hairs. Because at the
club where I shoot they have a concealed carry class every other Friday and
what I have seen would make your hair stand on end, gray or not. It seems
like most of the people applying for permits are not just gray of hair but
actually elderly. I guess they are scared in their old age that some young
whippersnapper will try to rip them off because they really want to get
firearms permits. Not only can they not clear a jam but they can't shoot
worth crap either. I would like to see what the average age of the people
applying for the permits is in this county because not many of the people I
have seen are young. But then maybe it's county specific. Here in Calif.,
where it's supposedly impossible to get a handgun permit, it's rather easy
to get one in my county. They make it really easy. But then my county is
small, less than 250,000 people, and basically rural. It may be different in
other counties but the people here are old and not very competent. The good
news is that we can get permits though, which is not something I can't say
for the rest of the state. In the south, where I used to live, you couldn't
and still can't get a gun permit no matter what. Where I live now you don't
really need one but can have one and where I used to live you needed one but
couldn't get one. But then it's pretty screwy in California.

Hawke