Posted to alt.home.repair
benick[_2_] benick[_2_] is offline

Default Sheet Rock Screws

""Blattus Slafaly ? (3) ¼ "" wrote in
message ...
B. Johnson wrote:
In the past 2 or 3 years we have hung new sheet rock in a few of the
rooms in our home. We have noticed that you can now see where the
screw heads are. They look like dark spots on the walls. The screws
aren't pushing through they are just showing through. Any ideas on
what we are doing wrong? Thanks!

Perhaps you didn't screw them in far enough to get enough plaster over the
heads.

--
Blattus Slafaly ? 3 7/8

I agree...Give them a quarter or half a turn hit and them with joint
compound 3 times and touch up the paint. In the future use a drywall
screwgun that will set them at the proper depth. Not to deep though or they
will pop through the sheetrock.... Good luck....