Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default need advice on retaining wall project.

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 05:23:21 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

all my neighbors who rebuilt walls twice over the last 20 years are
going to rebuild them again.

havent had to do a thing to the slopes over that time........

if you like hard grueling work build a wall, it will be a lifetime
project....

Mine is only 5 yrs old but I'm willing to bet that when I die in 20-30
it will not have moved yet. I'm encouraged by the 130 yr old wall
on the old railroad bed, and the nearby Erie Canal has sections of dry
stacked rock wall that are intact nearly 200 years later.

OTOH- My neighbor's is 3 yrs old and has been reworked twice.

So I guess all walls aren't created equal.

Jim