Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Wiebe Cazemier[_2_] Wiebe Cazemier[_2_] is offline

Default Intermittent fault in Eizo 19" T766 CRT

On Tuesday 29 April 2008 18:33, James Sweet wrote:
They could be that fragile, it depends, obviously one of them was fragile
enough to short in the first place. Now that you have two guns with issues,
there's no sense trying to isolate the heater because the guns would just
short to each other.

I can't be sure, but it seems the blue gun has become much less sensitive, and
that the problem now is mainly is the red gun. Maybe it's wishful thinking,
because that would mean that it was some dislodged particle, but I'd rather
not assume the worst yet, so...

Would anyone know if trinitron tubes have particularly fragile heater/cathode
constructions?

The repair FAQ has a comment about having to tap the neck quite hard: "not
enough to break it, but close". How fragile is the neck? It would be difficult
to describe how hard I could hit it without breaking it, but any advice is
welcome.