Posted to alt.home.repair
alex.cordero alex.cordero is offline

Default need advice on retaining wall project.

On Apr 29, 7:44*am, "EXT" wrote:
Don't believe Home Depot people, check your own building department. The
height of the retaining wall building code limit will probably be determined
by the type of construction. Don't buy retaining wall products from Home
Depot, go to your local landscape supplier and check the specs on the
internet for the brand and type they carry for maximum height. Sometimes you
can buy from the manufacturer direct, I have a local OAKS plant that I can
get concrete products from, delivered directly.

My first choice was not to use Home Depot. I checked with RCP Block
first--a local stone distributor in town. But RCP wanted $850 to
deliver the stones to my property--they didn't even blink when they
quoted me that ridiculous figure. Home Depot will deliver the same
amount of stones for $65--period. The choice was simple. I don't have
a disposible budget and I see these retaining walls all over town.
The only wall that I noticed coming down was just crammed into the
soil without a base, this is not what I'm doing.

I checked PAVESTONE.COM after I talked to Home Depot and that's where
I found the conflicting information. Home Depot says, "build it up to
three feet and don't sweat it". PAVESTONE.COM says, "Max is 24". --I'm
confused.