Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default need advice on retaining wall project.

Don't believe Home Depot people, check your own building department. The
height of the retaining wall building code limit will probably be determined
by the type of construction. Don't buy retaining wall products from Home
Depot, go to your local landscape supplier and check the specs on the
internet for the brand and type they carry for maximum height. Sometimes you
can buy from the manufacturer direct, I have a local OAKS plant that I can
get concrete products from, delivered directly.

"HeyBub" wrote in message
alex.cordero wrote:
I'm planning on building a 45' long retaining wall. My local Home
Depot tells me that as long as the wall is under three feet, I can
build it without a permit. The stone that I want to use is Anchor
Windsor Stone® but both the website and the brochure indicate that I
can only make this wall 24" high--not three feet. So who's right?
Bottom line is that I need to make it as high as I can without a
permit but 24" is too low for my project.

You can build up to three feet without a permit. You just can't use this
stuff to do it.

Compromise: Build a one foot base out of concrete and put the stone on
top.