Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default need advice on retaining wall project.

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 01:39:17 -0700 (PDT), "alex.cordero"
wrote:

I'm planning on building a 45' long retaining wall. My local Home
Depot tells me that as long as the wall is under three feet, I can
build it without a permit.

The only person who can answer that is your local zoning board, or
building inspector. Call them and ask- or read the zoning law.
[often online]

The stone that I want to use is Anchor
Windsor Stone® but both the website and the brochure indicate that I
can only make this wall 24" high--not three feet. So who's right?

Maybe both. You might be allowed to make a wall 3feet high without
a permit-- but that stone is only for walls 2 feet high. Go to a
real landscape stone dealer and look at the stone with provisions to
tie the courses together.
[anchor makes several- see their website]

Jim