Posted to alt.home.repair
David L. Martel David L. Martel is offline

Default need advice on retaining wall project.

alex,

I'm planning on building a 45' long retaining wall. My local Home
Depot tells me that as long as the wall is under three feet, I can
build it without a permit.

I'd check this with the building inspectors.

The stone that I want to use is Anchor
Windsor Stone® but both the website and the brochure indicate that I
can only make this wall 24" high--not three feet. So who's right?

What do you mean? Both authorities advise a 2 ft. maximum.

Bottom line is that I need to make it as high as I can without a
permit but 24" is too low for my project.

You must be leaving something out since you aren't making any sense. The
building permit question has nothing to do with the choice of material. It
sounds as if the stone you wish to use is not a good choice since you want a
wall taller than 2 ft.

Dave M.