Posted to rec.woodworking
Father Haskell Father Haskell is offline

Default Dyes and glue-up

On Apr 27, 9:38 pm, randyswoodshoop wrote:
On Apr 27, 5:34 pm, John wrote:

I've been experimenting with dyes recently, something I've never tried
before. I'm about to get started on a first project with dyed wood
and I wonder about glue-up.

Can I dye a piece of wood and then glue it normally afterwards (i.e.,
yellow glue, pretty much like any wood)?

The dye, from what I've seen and what I've read, soaks into the wood
rather than coating the surface like a stain, and the surface of the
dyed wood looks pretty normal except for the color. So I'm thinking I
probably can treat it like normal wood for glueing purposes, but I
haven't seen this mentioned one way or another anywhere.

Advice from the group?

Reply-to address is real
John

Yes you should be able to glue no proble,. Be careful with glue
squeeze out. It would be hard to sand and repair.

Randyhttp://nokeswoodworks.com

Mix some dye into your glue.