Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lew Hartswick Lew Hartswick is offline

Default OT - Switch Operated Parking Brake

Pete Keillor wrote:

Years ago I read in Car & Driver of a rally driver who used the lever
type to force his front wheel drive rally car into oversteer to get
the tail out in corners. Supposedly he got around quicker that way. I
doubt the average hard surface driver should try that. I wonder if he
ever forgot to hold the release button in. Nahhh.

Pete Keillor

I believe that was common with SAAB drivers. Start the turn and jerk
the "emergency" brake lever and it'd break the rear loose and round
it'd come. This was in the late 50s. I had a GT850 but wasen't into
that sort of driving. Gymkannas etc.
...lew...