Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada is offline

Default Further to power over steel wire.

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 22:48:46 +1200, grumpyoldhori
wrote:

May I thank all that gave me advice on this.
Went out today and we insulated wires two and three
from the top by using some plastic conduit that we
cut so as to slip it over before refastening the
wires to the posts.
Oh, and we insulated the wires of the posts at both ends.
Luckily this is a straight run fence, no gates or corners.

Put a jumper across the wires at the top of hill and got a reading
of thirty seven ohms.
So have decided to follow Spehro's plan and use two of
these http://www.jaycar.co.nz/productResults.asp?FORM=KEYWORD

And use the Linksys wallwart as well.
Am I right in believing that using two wires up and two
down would drop the overall resistance to eighteen ohms ?
Thanks again.

Yes