Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Redelfs Jim Redelfs is offline

Default Dimmable CFL

In article
,
wrote:

on what basis [do] you think this is unconstitutional.

I'm not a lawyer. I don't even play one on the internet.

My claim is based on wishful thinking, not on actual case law.

There are vast numbers of laws on the federal books that ban
all kinds of things. The ban not too long ago on freon is
probably the closest example.

That's a good point, and darned frustrating: Today, there is evidence
that CFCs are not the ozone-depleting threat once charged. R-12 was
good stuff.

Back in the 30's they even banned private possession of gold, which is
extreme, and no one successfully challenged that on any constitutional
grounds.

Did the Supreme Court ever hear it?

Too much of our Constitution is simply - and quietly - side stepped.
--
sigh
JR