Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Dimmable CFL

wrote:

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 15:00:45 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
wrote:

On Mon 28 Apr 2008 06:44:08a, told us...

Subject: Dimmable CFL

On Apr 28, 9:23ÿam, Jim Redelfs wrote:

In article ,
(Don Klipstein) wrote:

I give low odds of its energy efficiency exceeding that of a 230 volt
incandescent being powered by 120 volts

Do you believe that 130V-rated (commercial?) incandescent lamps,
operating at ~120VAC, are longer-lasting enough to be worth the hassle
of getting them (wholesaler) and price, compared to an everyday bulb?

Yes, I believe that, and almost all the incandescent bulbs I have in my
home are 130v-rated. Their logevity is astounding.

They use more electricity, however.

Hmmm,
I don't think so. 130V rated lamp is on 120V circuit.
Simple Ohm's law.