Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Removing Oven Door

"Ian" wrote in message
In order to get the city to pick up my old oven (Jennair built-in
unit) I need to remove the door.

I know it requires some sort of lifting maneuver but I can't seem to
get it.

Any tips?

Thanks,

Ian

Those mechanisms are like a Rubik's cube sometimes. You have to take these
two screws out so you can slide the hammusframmer to get at the REAL
setscrew that holds it on. And usually after you get it out, you see how
simple it really is. They are designed that way so dirt and crud don't
accumulate. It's old and worthless. Just start taking screws out. Many
times, after you take out screws, you just pull on the door, and it pulls
off the flatbar side arms it is screwed to, but are inside the door and you
can't see. And sometimes you have to lay down or stand on your head to see
the vital screws.

Steve